BLOCKCHAIN & AI TECHNOLOGY COMPETITION OPEN TO YOUTH (AGES 10-25)
We have over 181 applications from the Bahamian kids out of New Providence, Abaco, Eleuthera and Grand Bahama Islands to join this Hackathon!!!
51% females and 49% males
Majority is under 17 years old
From public, private and home schools
Kids from Ranfurly Homes orphanage for children
50 of them are flying in and will be lodged at the Windsor School for the entire 3 days to hack
All the kids were given the opportunity to take BlockGeeks courses over the 3 months period for free. Over this weekend they will build a solutions using Blockchain and AI for the that are relevant to The Bahamas!!!
Check out our Hackathon blog post to learn more.
We will have 5 hackathon tracks with a cash prize for each winning team in each track:
- Build Your Business Track – from 18 to 25 years old
- Blockchain and AI Application Development Track – from 18 to 25 years old
- Build Your Business Track – up to 17 years old
- Blockchain and AI Application Development Track – up to 17 years old
- Build Your Blockchain Game – up to 12 years old
We invite experienced entrepreneurs and software developers to help our hackers to learn how to build their businesses and how to code.
If you have in mind a blockchain or AI task or application for our hackers – please submit a bounty:
Our sponsors and partners provide free online Live Workshops for our participants prior to the hackathon:
- Build a decentralized application with Truffle! Overview of the building blocks needed to build a functioning DApp using the Truffle framework (Mentor: Faina Shalts,Blockchain Tools Engineer at Truffle Blockchain Group )
- Create a smart contract with ZeppelinOS and easily upgrade the code to add features or fix bugs ( Mentor: Dennison Bertram, Zeppelin Solutions)
- Simplify blockchain development using web APIs (Moderator: BlockMason.io)
- Introduction to Smart Contracts using Blockmason Link (Moderator: BlockMason.io)
- Connecting a simple DApp to multiple blockchains using Blockmason Link (Moderator: BlockMason.io)
- August 15, 7 PM EDT Building Applications that Can’t Be Evil with BlockStack (Moderator: BlockStack.org)
- August 21, 7 PM EDT Building blockchain powered microservices using Blockmason Link(Moderator: BlockMason.io)
BLOCKCHAIN & AI TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE OPEN TO ALL
We are covering the following topics:
Entrepreneurship 101: How Do you Successfully Raise Capital
Why The Bahamas is perfectly poised to lead blockchain technology adoption
Cybersecurity: Hunter & Hunted
Project Sand Dollar – Digital Currency Initiative
Making The Bahamas a financial hub via Blockchain
Blockchain 101 and Use cases for Bahamas
Starting Your Business in The Bahamas
Blockchain and the Law, Governance and Beyond
A keynotes from the Bahamian Officials:
Elsworth Johnson: Minister of Financial Services Trade & Industry and Immigration
John Rolle: Governor of The Central Bank of The Bahamas
Christina R. Rolle: Executive Director – Securities Commission of the Bahamas
Also in the program tons of quizzes, prizes, yoga, meditation and music entertainment!!!